Friday 15 November 2013

Mr and Mrs

I am married!

I am a wife, I have a husband, I have a new surname. Its all so surreal and very strange. But it's such a good surreal and strange.

Our wedding was gorgeous, it was absolutely perfect. A few days before my mum and dad flew over and Mikes mum and youngest sister flew in too to be there for the big day. It was so nice to have them there, it wouldn't have been the same or even felt right with them not being there. Ill write about their visit shortly.

We got married on Montara State beach. Yes I had a beach wedding. What girl doesn't dream of that. It was a lovely day, a little windy which led to some crazy hair and a few Marilyn Monroe moments with my dress but it was still great. We found a wonderful lady to marry us. I don't think it sunk in what was actually happening, we all met in the car park above the beach and then walked down and before I knew it I was saying my vows. When Michael started to say his vows I welled up but I had a little talk to myself and pulled myself together. I didn't want to cry all the way through my vows. It nearly went without a glitch apart from I stumbled on my words a little bit, but that is nothing new and no surprise.
It was over really quickly and then the fun family photos begun. One of our close friends who works with Mike kindly agreed to take pictures for us. They turned out wonderful! They captured the day perfectly and now I have memories of that day forever.

I had been looking for a dress to wear for months and couldn't find anything I liked or suitable. I didn't want a huge wedding dress because I am going to save that for when we have our big ceremony back home in Wales. But I didn't want something really casual either. I was going to get my nails done with some of my friends one day when one of the girls, Derry, showed me her new dress she had bought recently and thought I might like for the wedding. I couldn't believe it when she bought it out to show me. It was everything I had been looking for. I was gorgeous! So I quickly ordered it and thankfully it arrived in time.

I went and had my hair done in a blow dry bar near me. I LOVE it. The just do blow dry's. No cuts no colour just good old blow dry's. The lady I had was amazing, she did such a nice job, she gave me loose curls with lots of volume, just how I asked. This is the place I went to: http://www.haloblowdrybar.com/
Girls you need to try find one of these types of shops near you, if you have any big event or just want to go and make yourself feel good i highly recommend them.

After the ceremony we went and ate in a near by restaurant, which apparently is world famous - "Sam's Chowder House' I had a delicious burger. Im such a classy bride. In the evening we went and ate in The Cheesecake Factory. I have the biggest slice of cake I've ever seen from there. It is sooo good. Whenever I go there I always end up taking home just as much as I eat when I'm there, their portions are so big.

Since I was young I always wondered what my surname would be when I was older. I was always excited about trying out new signatures. At the time it was Amy Beckham because of course I was going to marry David Beckham. But Amy Loftis has just as nice a ring to it. But it's definitely going to take some getting used to. I always have to stop and think before I sign anything now.

I'm used to wearing a ring on that finger now so wearing another one is no big deal at all. However, Mike has never worn any jewellery so getting used to his ring is proving to be quite a struggle. He is constantly taking it off, fiddling with it and throwing it up in the air. Basically he takes it off as much and for as long as he can. He jokes about 'accidentally' loosing it so he doesn't have to wear it anymore, but I've said I will just buy him a new one if he does and he knows I'm not joking so thats put an end to that plan.

So far married life is great, and I'm sure it's going to stay that way for a long long time to come. Here's some pictures of our beautiful wedding.






Mrs Flossy Loftis

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a beautiful day, you looked gorgeous. Hope all is going well and that you will be blessed with all you desire. Lvs Chris in Llandod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally forgot you had your blog Amy! Loved seeing these photos and reading your memories of the day :) Hope you're well x

    ReplyDelete