Saturday 12 May 2012

Foghorn!

Tonight my Dad, Brother, Mike and I went and watched the Ospreys play Munster in Swansea. It was a good game the first half was better than the second half but the atmosphere there was so much better than all the other games we've been to see.

They handed out signs to everyone that were folded up into fans so people could hit them against their hands to make noise if they wanted to. I've never been one of those people who chants and cheers, I don't know why I find it quite cringy and embarrassing, unless I get really into the game then I will. I do celebrate and clap and all of that when my team scores or do anything good. I cannot stand people who shout random things out during the game. It really frustrates me. It's not going to make any impact on the game what so ever, the players/ref's can't hear what your shouting and even if they could I really don't think they would care about what you think they should be doing differently. They are the professionals who get paid to play so I think they might know better. And plus half of what they say isn't funny they just end up making themselves look like plonkers and annoy everyone around them.

So you can imagine my excitement when I had some guy sit down next to me with the fan/sign poised in his hand ready to make as much noise as humanly possible and a catalog of pre planned, what he thought were witty one liners to shout out at the players and ref.

By the end of the first half my ears were ringing and I had cringed so many times at his attempts to give good smack talk I actually felt sorry him. The lady who was lucky enough to be sat next to him on the other side was also not looking like the happy cheery person she appeared when we first arrived. The gentleman's family were actually sat in the row in front of us and his wife even told him off for one of the things he shouted out.

When half time came I seized my opportunity and offered a seat trade with my Dad, Mike and Sam. They all laughed at me at first but my dad swapped with me. My dad is very similar to that gentleman as in he gets very animated with the ref and celebrates elaborately when the team scored so together they were like a match made in heaven. Both making beautiful music with their fan/signs and not holding back on offering advice and their opinions to the players.

It was a good game and even better that the ospreys won :)

This will probably be the last game Mike gets to go and watch. I would have loved to take him to a Wales game, there is no better place to be than in the Millennium Stadium to watch a game. Maybe one day we will.


Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment