Thursday 6 October 2011

Girly weekend away with Mum.

A few weeks ago I went away with my mum for the weekend to my Grandad's caravan in Aberaeron in West Wales. I think I over-packed for just a weekend though.. Whoops!


 It only took around 2 hours to get there so when we got there we set up the caravan a little.  Then drove to Newquay which was only a little drive away, had a little walk around the harbour and then went to the Fish and Chip shop for food. It was soo good. They went down nicely and very quickly!




 On the way home we stopped off to buy some girly essentials = magazines and sweets then went back to the caravn and tucked up for the night in front of the tv. On Saturday I woke up to the best smell of bacon sandwiches. 




So after a very healthy breakfast, we drove to a little town called Aberporth parked up then went for a walk along the cliffs to Tresaith. It was a cute little bay with only around 20 houses there. They had a few boats there and canoes, so I'm guessing in the summer its a real busy fun beach to go to.



























There was some crazy guy swimming in the sea. It must of been freezing. Unsurprisingly he wasn't in there for very long. 



Thankfully the weather held up for us so we sat on the beach, ate our hearty lunch of sausage rolls and apples. I would have said it was peaceful and relaxing if it wasn't for a baby seagull that was about 2 meters away from us, keeping his beady little eyes out for any food scraps. He was crying out and sqwarking the whole time!! It was driving us crazy so in the end I threw the rest of my apple to try and please it and shush it up. Didn't work though, it squawked even when it was eating.. HOW!



















The beach has a waterfall coming down one of the sides of the cliffs which was pretty cool, shame we couldn't get close to it cause the tide was in 

After our walk back most of which was uphill : ( we drove back to the caravan and relaxed for a few hours. I did a few hours of studying while Mum relaxed and finished reading the magazines.
That night we went to get takeaway from Aberaeron, I had a lovely chicken burger and Mum got a kebab. Ive never known anyone eat a kebab unless they are drunk. But mum seemed to love it. Yuck! We stopped off for some more magazines and sweeties on the way back for another night in front on the T.V.

On the Sunday morning we had a early wake up call to watch Wales play Samoa in the Rugby World Cup. The 5 o'clock alarm wasn't fun but in the game was worth it. The boys played well. When that finished we both fell back to sleep for a while. Once we woke up we had some more bacon sandwiches before leaving to go home.

It was a lovely weekend I think I came home about half a stone heavier but it was real nice to spend some time with my Mum.

Flossy x



No comments:

Post a Comment