Thursday 15 November 2012

Birthday Girl


Two weeks ago I celebrated my 23rd birthday. I didn't really have much planned for it, but it turned out to be a great birthday. 

First of all it fell on the day that the clocks went back, so we had a hour extra sleep, probably one of the most perfect presents I could ever ask for. I LOVE SLEEPING!

My Brothers birthday is 5 days before mine so we went for a family meal to a local pub on the Friday and had a yummy meal and my first birthday cake. Yes first as in I had cakes plural.. 
On the Sunday (my birthday) my brother and dad left early in the morning to go to London, they had tickets to go and watch the NFL game in Wembley. Leaving me and mum to have a lovely girly day in the spa. Not before having my second birthday cake. I had been wanting a full body massage for so long and part of the day package you could choose any treatment of your choice. Mine was a no brainer!

When we got there we had a Carvery lunch. It was really really nice. I got a bit carried away and stuffed my face forgetting that I would soon need to get into my bikini. After waddling to the changing room, our first task was to figure out how to work the lockers. They were MI5 standard. We had around 2 hours before we were booked in for our treatments so we headed to the sauna first. I am not a big fan of sauna's, one of my pet hates/peeves is breathing in warm air. It frustrates me then I get irritable. I really dont like getting hot and sweaty, I would much rather be too cold than too hot, but we actually stayed in there quite a while. It wasn't too hot in there so I think thats why. Then we jumped in the jacuzzi which is much more my scene. 

The Spa is in a big fancy hotel which is also used as the Welsh Rugby Team's base, so if your lucky somedays you could find yourself sharing the Jacuzzi with the players. Fortunately for me and my very full belly they weren't there the day we were. But the Wales youth Rugby team was training outside which we had a lovely view of from the Jacuzzi. 

Then we had a slight whoopsie, we got completely confused with the whole clock change and the fact that the only clock in the swimming pool hadn't been turned back meant we turned up to our treatment a hour early. Very eager. W had bit of a giggle about it then went back to the pool to swim a few more lengths.

When it was actually time for my massage it was kind of worth the wait. I find the whole massage experience quite strange, you just lie there and let a complete stranger massage your body. Then, there's  the dilema of trying to create a conversation or just lying there in a awkward silence. I just wanted to lie there and relax but my lady was a talker so I didn't have a choice. It was going really well until the lady started pressing harder. She pressed on one area on my shoulder blade for ages and boy did it hurt. I gritted my teeth and got through it then realised she was going to do the same on the other side. I did think about asking her to stop, but chose against it. I was super excited for a foot massage. I used to be freaked out with the idea of feet but I have learnt to love having my feet massaged. I was under the illusion that a foot massage normally meant having the bottom of your feet rubbed, but I was introduced to having the top of my feet massaged. An experience I NEVER want to repeat. The tops of my feet are quite boney so it was just painful so have bones rubbed. So that didn't quite go to plan. Im making it sound like a miserable massage those two bits were but the rest was really really good! I would go back again just for that and just ask them to avoid those 2 things. 

Overall I had a great day and a fab birthday, it was even more exciting knowing that I was flying out to Mike a few days after too. Im not used to saying that I'm 23, I feel like its a very grown up age. But I have so much planned for this year I've got a feeling its going to be a really exciting and enjoyable year. 


Flossy x






No comments:

Post a Comment