Thursday 27 June 2013

My day of surprises.


Every girl dreams of her wedding her whole life, planning every little small detail and how perfect it is going to be marrying her prince charming. What we dont plan is getting engaged, well we do, but not the who what when and how, we just hope that it happens one day. My day came, and it was PERFECT.

It was my day of surprises.

Mike had a meeting in the morning so I had a lie in... amazing start! When he got back he said we were going out for the day. Once we got in the car he told me I had to put a blindfold on. Obviously I thought it was a little strange but I just thought Mike was being silly. Then we drove for a little while, I had absolutely no clue where we were going, I was just hoping people who drove past us didn't think Mike had kidnapped me and called the police. I did try get some clues on the way down but Mike gave pretty much nothing away plus im a terrible guesser. We ended up going for a massage. I LOVE massages. It was so relaxing, my favourite is when they massage your arms hands and feet. I could have stayed there for hours. But that was only stop number one, I had to put the blindfold back on again and next stop we went for food. One of my favourite foods is Chicken Nuggets. Yes im 23 but they are so good. So we stopped off at Wendy's. I love those nuggies. Blindfold back on we drove for a while further and ended up at a shopping mall. Since Mike and I first got together I have been desperate to get photo's taken in a photo booth. The ones in America take 4 different photos as apposed to just having 4 of the same ones that happens over here. So photo's in hand I got back in the car and then had to sit and wait in the car for a while whilst Mike went somewhere. It felt like forever and I was adamant people were staring at me. Mike knows how much I love Coldstones ( the ice cream place) so the next stop was there and I got my usual, it never gets old. The next drove was the longest and when we pulled up Mike said he had to go and get something and might be a while. When he came back he told me that he had to carry me. I hate being carried. I know im not the smallest girl and it just makes me feel self conscious and I dont want to hurt the person carrying me. But Mike would not take no for a answer. So off we went. As soon as he stood me down music started playing. I recognised the song straight away it was James Morrisons version of Man in the Mirror. My favourite song!! Thats when I knew something was up. And thats when I got the giggles. When the song finished Mike told me I could take off the blindfold and then I saw him infront of me all dressed up holding a bunch of flowers. Next thing I knew he got down on one knee and I got my moment. Of course I said yes. I stopped myself from crying. The ring he picked out was beyond gorgeous... and it fitted! it was only a little while later that he said 'have you noticed what ring it is' He had bought me a Tiffany's ring. Part of my wedding dream was getting a Tiffany ring. And he made that come true! As much as I had always wanted one I realised then that it wouldn't have mattered if it was a $5 ring I still would have said yes and loved it. Mike had asked one of the kids at the school who was doing photography to come and take photos of the whole thing, I didn't realise this until the end. So not only did I have the perfect moment I know have pictures of it and can relive it. Also I got to share the moment with all my family and friends. I thought it was such a sweet gesture.

Mike had put so much thought into all of this. He came over for a week in March because he had a week off work. Turns out he came over to ask me dad's permission to propose. He also asked my Mum too and had told them when he was going to do it and also sent them a picture of the ring. He had also been messaging one of my best friends to get her advice and help on what ring to buy me. She knows me well :) So then we skyped Mikes family who also already knew and were beyond excited and happy for us. We rang both of his grandparents too who were thrilled about the news. The worst thing about California is that its 8 hours behind Wales. It was 4 am back home, but that didn't stop me. I rang both my mum and dad and let them know. They too were so so happy for me, a little groggy because I had woken them up but still so happy.

That night to celebrate we went out for food, and of course it had to be the Cheesecake Factory. I have never seen such a big menu in a restaurant before. I was about 20 pages thick so it took us a long while to choose. The food was so good! I was too full for cake, and I normally always have room for cake. Mike got a piece of oreo cheesecake to go so when we got back we ate it and watched some tv.

It's so strange to call Mike my fiance. It seems so grown up. But its so exciting. Also wearing a ring on that finger is weird, but good weird. I stare at it a lot. Its so pretty!

I even made a video out of all of the photo's with Man in the Mirror in the background. Im quite impressed with it, and it didn't take that long either. Who loves IMovie! Check it out.

                                   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eraEtMXjWAU













It was the most perfect proposal I could have asked for. How much thought and effort Mike had put into it showed how much he loves me. Now if I ever have a bad day and the whole long distance relationship gets me down which I've got to admit is quite often, I just look at these pictures and it reminds me of that moment and I get happy again.


One lucky girl.

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment