Sunday 5 February 2012

The Hunger Games

Every now and then I become so obsessed with a book I convince myself its real, which leaves me devastated when I finish it and the bubble pops. The last time it happened was when I read the Twilight series, by the end of it I was so in love with Jacob (Taylor Lautner's character) that I found myself looking at hairy men in a whole new light and thinking..'hmm I wonder'. I told myself I wouldn't settle for anyone unless they could protect me from vampires and look just as good with no top on. Not sure about Mike protecting me from vampires, I'm sure he'd give it a go but he ticks the other box, and he's not that hairy at all either.. WIN.

The latest series to take over my life is 'Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins.




Its quite a messed up story line really. There are 12 districts all run by one called the 'Capitol' which is where the rich people live, each of the districts has its own specialty, like mining coal, growing food, and materials. Every year the Capitol puts on a event called the 'Hunger Games' whereby 2 children, 1 boy and 1 girl from each district are chosen at random to enter an arena and battle each other until only one remains. The book follows a girl called Katniss and a boy called Peeta who are chosen from district 12 to compete. There are lot of twists and turns and each page just makes you want to read more . I strongly advise anyone to read it.  I even joined my local library so I could get the second and third book.

They are turning it into a film which is due to be released around March time. I'm nervous to see it. I got so engrossed in the books that I have such a good idea in my head of how it all looks and I know its not going to be like that, still I'm defiantly going to go and see them all.

Here is the trailer..enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9a5V9ODuY


Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment