Saturday 7 July 2012

Spring Clean

I have had the most productive day I have had in ages.

I have needed to sort through my wardrobes for so long. Yes wardrobes plural I have 3. There are clothes in them from years ago that I know don't fit me anymore but I kept them because I like them or because they remind me of a time or place. I think I could easily be a hoarder. 

The final straw that made me sort through them was my wardrobe actually collapsing this week. Half way through the night there was a huge bang and it freaked me out so much I just lay in bed super still for ages until I decided it was safe to move. But I had a little DIY session, got out my screwdriver and fixed it.


















Growing up I had such a hard time coping with the dark, the fact that you cant see exactly whats there scares the life out of me. Add that to the fact that for some strange reason I could never say no to watching a scary film meant my nights were often spent lying awake and super still in bed waiting for the monster/scary man in my room to leave. I could never sleep with my door shut and I had to leave a light on. Then as I got older I started to shut my door but I had a little nightlight in my room, which was actually a weird little monster creature (how ironic). Now I can finally sleep without a light and with my door shut. I still don't like going into dark places and hate it when people turn the light off quickly, I freak out, grab hold of the nearest person and just freeze.

The scariest experience of my life was when I was 18 and on a team building exercise when I was in UWIC. We had to walk through a pitch black tunnel and count markers that stuck out of the wall, whilst measuring the length of the tunnel with the 20 meter rope we had to hold onto. I couldn't even see my hand which was right in front of my face. Luckily I knew one of the girls in my group really well so she knew what I would be like and didn't complain once when I squeezed her hand to death and cried on her shoulder the whole way through. Safe to say I did not count any markers and could not even guess at how long the tunnel was because it felt like MILES!


After sorting through my wardrobes I managed to fill a tonne of bags which I took to a charity shop to go to a better home. I did plan on doing a car boot sale but they are so much hard work and clothes would be a nightmare to sell there. I have got a few bits and pieces I'm going to try and sell on Ebay, but last time I tried I failed miserably.

Heres all the bags I managed to give away:





These are the jeans I was wearing about 2-3 years ago, which I kept as a little reminder to never get that big again, and also a little ego boost, but now they have gone to a new home, They don't even look that big here but in real life I think I could have had a good go at fitting both legs into one.




I love the feeling after a good sort out and clean. I have satisfied my OCD for a while at least.


Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment