Sunday 26 June 2011

Girlie nights are the best!

What a busy week..I'm exhausted!!
I only have 4 shifts left of this placement, 6 weeks has flown by. Ive had an amazing placement, seen and learnt so much. The station I have been on would be my dream station to work on when I graduate in little over a year! All the staff are so nice and very eager to help me.
I had 2 days off and boy did I make the most of it. Thursday I caught up with my oldest friend Amy, I havent seen her in so long so it was lovely to just be able to sit down and have a good chat and giggle about 'the old times'. Amy is always there for me and I know I can honestly call her a true friend, she's amazing!
That night we went to one of our local pubs and played rock and roll bingo, instead of having numbers you have song titles, so when the music plays you cross off the song titles on your card. I got so carried away singing along I forgot about my card, so safe to say I didn't win. I had a fab night though.

Friday morning I had my hair cut..finally after 3 months! I'm trying to grow my hair, but because of how much dye I have put in it over the years it is in terrible condition so its going very slowly. Hopefully now that I've stopped dying it and not straightening it as much it will speed up a bit.
 Then I went up to meet my old uni friends. They had their final results the day before so I went up to celebrate with them. We went out for lunch. I'm so proud of them all, they all did so well. Its scary that I could of graduated if I hadn't dropped out. But I made the right decision for me. I hope I don't loose contact with them all now that they are all going back home. They are some of the best people I've ever met and I have some of my favorite memories with them.

That evening I had a girlie night over one of my friends house who I used to work with. There was 8 of us there. I hadn't seen any of them in so long, it was nice to catch up with all of them. We had a takeaway, watched TV, had a good old gossip and played on Wii dance. I love that game! It always makes me laugh when it comes round to paying the bill at the end,there's either too much money or too little. The girls who had Dominoes had terrible problems trying to do the maths and work out who owed what. I was in charge of the Chinese takeaway money and  managed to get it spot on :) My maths GCSE turned out to be useful after all! I baked cakes for the night. I love baking! I always used to help my mum cook and I think I baked a million cakes with her growing up, normally it ended up with the kitchen looking like a bomb had gone off. I somehow managed to get flour EVERYWHERE! Its definitively something I'm going to do when I'm older with my children, but I think I might have to broaden my horizon, I only bake chocolate cakes.. purely because they're my favorite :) I baked muffins and little fairy cakes I was even late getting the my friends house because I had to wait for the icing to set.
I made sure I took great care of my precious cargo on my way there.


I loved catching up with everyone, I had started to feel slightly out of the loop because I was always so busy, but now one placement is over I should have more free time. I'm going to make sure I go out with them all as much as I can cause lets face it....girlie nights are the best! :)


Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment