Sunday 14 August 2011

Red and Yellow

Today I swapped my green uniform to my trusty old red and yellow lifeguard uniform .

Now I'm FINALLY on my summer holidays I've gone back to work in my old swimming pool . I left there about 15 months ago to leave for camp, and it hasn't changed at all. There are new people there and I think they were a bit thrown when they walked in and knew what I was doing, I was waiting for someone to ask me who I was, or tell me off, but luckily it never happened. I'm rubbish learning names too so I'm going to have to try hard and learn them by the end of the week, I cant keep saying 'excuse me'.

I did a 12 hour shift today, and boy was I hungry, after the first hour I was ready for lunch. So these 4 weeks are going to be one big battle between me and my stomach. And fingers crossed I'll win and loose a few more pounds.

Being inside all day made me realise how much I love being outside. Ever since I was little I've said I never want to be stuck inside, and I'm very very lucky to be able to say I've found a potential job that allows me to do that.

In the future I defiantly want to go camping, walking/hiking and just get out explore as many places as I can. Mike messaged me yesterday saying he was on a hike, and it reminded me of when him and I went walking. And due to no fault of my own, we got very lost, resulting in us having to climb up a very steep hill on our hands and knees. It was very funny and somewhere on the way up Mike even managed to loose the brand new sunglasses I had bought him for his birthday that morning. I think sleeping under the stars is one of my favorite things to do. So any chance I have to do that I'll jump at it. We might have to polish up on our map reading skills first before we start our adventures though.

Flossy x


No comments:

Post a Comment