Wednesday 21 September 2011

Catch up

I went out for food with 2 close friends last week to a local pub. We haven't all been together for a long while so we had a LOT of catching up to do. In Comprehensive School we were best friends and were together all the time . When we went to University we grew apart slightly, which I think happens to everyone . But whenever we have a chance to meet up we jump at the chance and end up falling about laughing talking about 'old times'. There is always one story about a baby's pram in Disneyland Paris that always always makes us cry with laughter. Whenever any of us are down we always tell each other to think of that day and we instantly get happier. Every time we go to this pub we all have the same food. Beth has a vegetable lasagna, Biff has a curry with rice and chips, and I have bangers and mash :) DUH! Then for desert they do an amazing chocolate cake so Beth and I shared one and Biff had one to herself  unsurprisingly she ended up leaving a bit though, it was massive!


The mash does look like a dodgy yellow colour, but it wasnt in real life I promise.




Its crazy that now Beth and Biff are looking for full time work. Beth has graduated with a primary school teaching degree, so is on the hunt for a job. Biff went to university but like me didn't enjoy her course and because she doesn't exactly know what she wants to do she is looking for a full time job. Its mad that I would have graduated and been looking for a job myself if I had stayed in UWIC. I've often wondered what would have happened if I had stayed in UWIC or had gone to a different Uni. But I'm so glad I didn't, because otherwise I wouldn't be on my course I'm on now and I wouldn't have had that year out so would never have worked in the pool. Therefore I wouldn't have had that terrible training session in work one week, gone home and applied for camp and then never met Mike. 

Talking of Mike, he will be here in 8 days!!!! AAAAAHHH! I'm so excited, it seems like forever since I've seen him. It'll be so nice to just be able to talk to him properly and hear his voice without skype cutting out. I think as the day gets closer and closer I'm going to have more trouble sleeping. I'll still be as nervous as the first time we spent time together. Even though these 4 months have gone quite quickly looking back and we got to talk a lot more than I though we would, I'm still more than ready for it to be over.


Roll on 8 days!!! <3

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment