Monday 12 September 2011

Family celebrations

The other weekend my cousins threw a surprise party for my Aunty and Uncle's 30th wedding anniversary at their farm. They were lucky it remained a secret for that long, even though on the top of the invitations it said 'Surprise Party' my Dad was so close to ringing them to let them know we would be attending! Honestly leave him alone for a few hours and who knows what he would get up to.

So the day of my party, my Dad decided to fix some of the broken floorboards in the house, everyone who knows my family knows about his famous green tank top, it's probably older than me . We all know some serious DIY or 'manly stuff' is about to be done when the green vest comes out. He even wore it out.. in public! To Style Force of all places, the name of the place could not be more ironic for his outfit. Then he went over the farm to help set up the tents and gazebo's...IN THE VEST. I don't think my cousins had ever seen it before so it was a feast for their eyes.

They had done such a good job on it all. When we got there they had 2 or 3 big tents up in the garden lit up with fairy lights, with table and chairs all around and a lush buffet laid out. It's a shame it was absolutely tipping down with rain. Half way through the night the tents started leaking so we had lovely waterfalls. Us 'youngsters' all sat on a table in the corner and chatted and joked all night. I always have a really nice time with them all and their boyfriends and husbands. They are all good friends anyway so they all joke around between themselves and make fun of each other.

To give you a little insight on what kind of stuff we talk about at our family gatherings these were our findings for the night.... you can pinch the skin on your elbow as hard as possible and you wont feel anything. Alex kindly volentered to show Dai (who refused to believe it was true) it was real by pushing a fork into Dai's elbow. Don't worry no one was harmed during the experiments. Also the length of your forearm is the size of your shoe (HINT: don't try this when you've been walking around on wet soggy mud). And our last discovery which I found amazing.. is that girls have an ability that boys dont.. apart from multitasking. Girls are able to put their hands flat on their shoulders, unlike boys. Believe it it's true.. LOOK!



Yet more proof we are the superior sex :)


It wouldn't have been a night out unless I had a blonde moment at some stage . About half way through the night, I could feel my head tilting to one side and my ear hurting, so I went to feel it and realised I had two very very different earnings in. One was a big pink flower and the other was a heart stud that Mike had bought me . I tried to slowly take them both out without anyone noticing but Alex my cousin's boyfriend noticed what I was doing and quickly announced it to everyone.. queue the jokes! What made it even worse is that before I left the house I had photo's taken, and no one noticed! Safe to say them pictures have been deleted.

I love family celebrations...roll on Christmas :)

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment