Sunday 29 January 2012

Practice Makes Perfect

I've always wanted to be creative and be one of those people who can make anything out of anything and make fab cards and presents and decorations. Well it's begun, I'm not brilliant..not by a long mark but I'm practicing.

I made Christmas cards for the chirstmas just gone, I made ones for Mike, Mike's family and my Granddad.

 This one was Mike's. I made two pom poms, then fluffed them up by brushing them with a comb and stuck them onto card which was folded so it could stand up. To make the scarf I just made a friendship bracelet, it took me a while to remember how to make it, I was making them all the time at camp. Then stuck on gems and a orange nose. I was chuffed with this little cutie and it was super easy to make as well.



I made two of these cards one for my Granddad and one for Mike's family. This one was trickier. I stuck the black ribbon around the red card and secured it with double side tape, then stuck a white piece of paper over the top to try and hide it.Shame they were different sizes so I had to try and trim them down to match..aargh!  Making the buckle was interesting, I used one of my dad's DIY knifes to cut out the middle, it took a few attempts for me to get it presentable and for my lines to look semi straight. Then I used more double sided tape to stick that down and also to stick the fluff along the top. Boy did that stuff moult, I made such a mess in my living room. I still like this card though and I'm happy ish how it turned out.

I hope everyone liked their cards, and hopefully next years will be better.

I'm making Mike's valentines card now at the moment, I messed up a little on it but I still like the idea of it, and hopefully he'll like it too.

The other thing I wanted to do was cook more, again its slow and steady progress but I MADE A PIE!

The pie had chicken, bacon and potato in it with chicken stock. I think I might have put a bit to much chicken stock in though. Then I just rolled some puff pastry over the top and popped it in the oven for about 35 minutes.. and waalaa. I think I'm going to make it with gravy next time, and with beef instead of chicken. I've never eaten a pie before so I didn't have a clue about how to eat it. Do you eat it with a spoon or a fork?? Safe to say I wont ever eat it on a date or in front of people that I need to impress. I might buy a bib to put on before I eat another one. I dribbled it all down my front. Wasn't my best look but hey a girls gotta eat! 

 On a completely random note... only 28 weeks until I finish University...EEEEEEE!  Only 10 weeks in the classroom, 18 weeks out on placement, 2 essays, 4 exams and one driving test in my way. My holiday after literally cannot come quick enough.

Flossy x


No comments:

Post a Comment