Tuesday 31 January 2012

Aaaaw

I have gone absolutely puppy mad the last few years. Any puppy I see I instantly turn into a softie and produce strange babyish noises. I've always wanted a puppy, I used to beg my parents for one, then when I realised that was never going to work I changed tactics and asked for a cat, my plan worked and I got Alex.

Now I'm more than ready for a puppy, in fact I've even narrowed down my options of which breed of dog I want. I want a big dog, I really don't see the point of having a small dog. I want a dog I can play catch with, go for runs/walks with, cwtch (cuddle) and most importantly one that doesn't have an embarrassing bark.

My dream is to have a puppy for Christmas. I've always wanted to get one with a Christmas hat on, cheesy I know but as much as everyone denies it we all love a bit of cheese.

Here's my shortlist:

1)

 I dont think there is a more stereotypical christmas puppy to have than a golden retreiver. I know they are common dogs, but there's a reason for that.. They are perfect! Perfect size, nature, personality and energy levels.

2)
Bernese Mountain Dog is my second choice. Their are a bit bigger than golden retrievers but just as cute, I think they might need a bit more walking though because they are mountain dogs. That's probably the only reason this is my number 2 choice . I like how less common these are.

3)
Good old German Sheppard. All Alsatians I've met have been amazing, their a bag of energy. I could defiantly see myself having one.

4)
I really like Akita's. Their tales are sooo fluffy!! The only problem is I only like the grey and white ones and the ones like in the picture above with a little bit of black. So I'd be nervous to buy one in-case they dont have the right coloring, but I'm sure by that stage I would be so in love with it I wouldn't care.

5)
 I LOVE Huskies!! They never stop being cute, but I don't think with my job it would be fair to have one, I wouldn't be able to walk them as long and often as they need. They still make my shortlist though cause how can you ever say no to those faces!

6)

This little cutie is a Samoyed, one of the most expensive dogs because of how rare they are. But they are worth it. There is one that lives by me and every-time I see it I can totally understand why you would pay so much for it. They actually look like walking marshmallows. Unfortunetly I don't think I'll ever have the money to buy one, and if I did have the money I don't know if I'd want to spend that much on a dog.

I think the biggest dilemma you have with a dog is not what type to get, but what to call it. Cause lets face it, there cant be a more embarrassing thing to do than stand in a public place and have to shout out names like 'buttercup', 'snuggles', 'snowy' or 'fluffy' if your dog does something wrong or runs away.


I love doggie woggies!


 Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment