Thursday 12 April 2012

Rusty

I gave up playing badminton about 6 years ago after suffering a bad shoulder injury. It still hasn't healed properly so I can't play like I used to which is annoying because I absolutely love the sport. I used to play to a high standard and won a few tournaments. So having to give it all up is frustrating more than anything. I have been back to my club to play a few times since but I cant play more than 2 games before my shoulder hurts too much. Yesterday I played mike for the first time. He thought he was terrible but he was actually good, he improved a lot very quickly. I was a bit rusty and missed a lot of simple shots but I still beat him 6 times, luckily, I would have never heard the end of it I had lost. It's the only sport I can beat him at. Even though I did suggest a game of tennis and table tennis which he turned down... He's clearly scared of my amazing athleticism!


Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment