Friday 14 September 2012

Tickle Tickle

I have been so intrigued and fascinated by Reflexology for a long time now, so on Thursday I went and had a hour long session. It was not what I thought it would be at all, but it was still really really good, and I would defiantly go again.
The lady who did it works as a clinical reflexology in the hospital so she is one of the top in the profession. Before she began we had a long chat and she asked what I wanted out of it, what made me come for the session, and then gained more of a detailed background about me and asked about my health. I was weary of what I told her, because I know that they are able to see health problems in your feet. So I didn't want to tell her things for her to then tell me those things in an attempt to try and amaze me.
I don't know if I can call it a massage because it wasn't what I think of a massage it was fairly light touches and more just using pressure points. It still felt really good. A few years ago I would have been so grossed out at the idea of someone touching my feet, but I have grown to LOVE it. Its so relaxing. I was trying not to fall asleep as she was doing it. I was also scared of her tickling me, I am super ticklish and lose all control and kick out, that would have been terrible. But thankfully it was okay, it was a bit touch and go when she started going in between my toes but I held it together.

At the end of the session she told me 2 things she noticed: she felt some grissle in the area that relates to my neck and also my right shoulder. She also said that my neck area felt very very warm, so I now know I have one very hot big toe :s
I was shocked and surprised at how much sense that made. When I was around 15 years old I had to give up playing Badminton because of my right shoulder, it is very very weak and painful when I use it alot and often clicks and locks. I also have been sent for blood tests to look at my Thyroid and also check everything else, so the part about my neck made sense and also kind of scared me a bit. I don't want any health problems.

I had my blood tests this morning, I hate needles! I am a big baby. I don't mind putting them in other people in work but do not like them coming towards me. The lady had trouble finding my veins too which didn't help. The ones in my hands and feet are great but not in my arm, so she dug around a bit and managed to find one. I just clenched my teeth and looked away. Hopefully my results will come back all fine, I'm sure they will, I should find out next Tuesday.

In the meantime I am sat phone watching, its so frustrating! They say a watched kettle never boils, well a watched phone never rings either!

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment