Wednesday 26 September 2012

Travels

On Sunday 4 of my girls set off on their 7 month traveling adventure.

Their trip sounds incredible. All together they are going to Dubai, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Hong Kong.

The one place that always makes me jealous is Australia. If I could only pick one place to visit in my life it would be there. I've always wanted to go, ever since I was a little girl. Every year for Christmas the last thing on my list is a ticket to Australia. My family went before I was born, literally just before i was born, my mum was pregnant with me. They could have at least waited 6 months.
The main reason I want to go there is to cross off the top thing on my bucket list which is to touch/ feed a kangaroo. I am dreading the day the girls go to Australia zoo and put up pictures of them with the kangaroos. But ill get my picture one day and it will be worth the wait.

I also really want to go to Thailand to go to ko phi phi beach. Where they filmed The Beach with Leonardo DeCaprio. I've heard it's become overly touristy now which is annoying but when somewhere is that beautiful you can't really be surprised. Mike spent a while out in Thailand a few years ago and one of the locals took them to a deserted beach and he said it was amazing! They stayed in huts on the beach and no one was around. That's probably the best thing to do while traveling is get friendly with the locals. They will know the better and secret places to go.

I've have always wanted to go traveling. In hindsight I probably should have gone after finishing school taken a year out and then gone to university. But then I wouldn't have met the amazing people I did and might not have been where I am today so I do not regret my decision. The world isn't going anywhere all those amazing places will still be there in a few years so I can go then. But I do definitely do want to travel and visit as many places as possible.

One day.....

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment