Wednesday 7 December 2011

Not a Happy Chappy

Today was the day of the year my cat(Alex) absolutely hates.. the dreaded vet check up.

The trip to the vets has become an top secret undercover mission that actually starts a day or two before the appointment. If Alex even hears the slightest movement of the basket or gets a slight indication of whats happening,  he will fly out of the cat-flap and we wont see him for days. So yesterday I sneaked the basket in and hid it in the downstairs toilet.
Stage 1 = complete!

15 minutes before I had to leave this morning I managed to lock his cat-flap without him noticing..or so I thought no no the little ninja heard me.. queue meowing and a mammoth game of hide and seek around the house . After 10 minutes of trying to outwit each other I came out on top and managed to corner him..Yes I outsmarted a cat! Wrestling with him to get him in the basket is the last little bit of fun.
Stage 2 = complete!

I love trips to the vets purely for the fun and games that go on in the waiting area. All the dogs are happy and friendly walking around until the vet calls them in the room. Suddenly their brakes go on and that dog is going no where! You see their owners start to blush and nervous laugh whilst in their head they are cursing and pleading with their dog to comply. One dog today got dragged in and he had to get unhooked from anything he had managed to cling onto on his way into the room.

When it was Alex's turn to go in it took two of us to get him out of his basket, normally he's not very compliant  but today he was really well behaved. I think he's learnt if he stands there nicely then it will be over quickly. I don't even have to lift the basket up to table height for him to get back in it he jumps straight in.
Stage 3 = complete!

Alex is 14 years old so he's getting old now, but the vet said he is healthy and in good shape for a cat of his age . She said he had bit of a fast heart rate so I might have a little play and see if I can take his heart rate one day, I don't think he'll be as well behaved for me though somehow.

He hasnt talked to me or come and sat on my lap all day, I think he's still in a mood with me . Oh well only another 365 days until we have to do it all again.



Look at those evil eyes, if looks could kill!

I now sound like a crazy cat lady.. I promise I'm not!


Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment