Friday 16 March 2012

March Madness

As part of Mike's attempt to make me American he told me I should fill out a bracket for March Madness. I think I'm right in saying its a massive tournament between all of the collage basketball teams. They all play against each other in an instant knockout tournament until you get the winner from the South and East and a winner from the West and Midwest. Then they play against each other until you get an overall winner. 

Brackets are just picking a winner from each game and then choosing who you think will win overall. I didn't have a clue when I was filling mine in. For the first round I just picked the higher ranking team, unless I really liked one name more than the other. Then I carried on my favourite name picking for the next rounds to choose a winner, until it came to the last few where I picked the teams I have actually heard of . There really aren't many...I've got a Kansas top and a Duke jersey, my brother has a Syracuse top too so those teams made it pretty far. I wish I knew who these teams actually are, I've made up my own names for them, which I think is way more fun. 

I picked Kansas to win against Kentucky, because of my top and Mike has the Jay-hawk sticker on his laptop.  

I'm actually getting quite into it. Not that I'm watching any of the games, but I can see my points going up. And Mike said this morning I was actually doing good. Him and his friends are playing against each other and right now I'm beating all of them :) Check me out! Some may call it beginners luck..I call it raw talent!  COME ON KANSAS!

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment