Tuesday 6 March 2012

Not A Needle Person

Every now and then I decide to do something on the spur of the moment. The last few of these moments have resulted in my getting piercings, last time was in California on muscle beach I had my nose pierced. Well, today was one of those days.

My afternoon lectures in University were canceled and my groups of girlies were going into town because one of them really wanted to get her ear pierced again and another wanted to get her eyebrows waxed. Seen as I had nothing planned for the rest of the day I decided I may as well tag along with them. We walked into the piercing shop and I just decided to go for it. I had seen the piercings I really liked and wanted on Pinterest so I got the picture up on my phone and showed the lady. Who knew the place on the ear had a name, its called the Helix. Fact of the day. Next thing I knew I was sat on the table, hands clenched and sweating trying not to stare at the MASSIVE needles that were on the table next to me. I work with needles and I have no problem putting them into other people, but when it comes to me having them I'm a big wimp. Injections I don't mind but piercing needles... euch a fi! To try and distract me the lady started that awkward chat to try and pass the time and then laughed when she found out what I was studying and how scared I was of her needles. After the first one was done I was so tempted to say that was enough and to forget about the rest, but nono I manned up and got them done. I had to take a deep breath in as she put the needle through and then breathe out as she pulled it out, its a good thing otherwise I would have made some weird squealing noises. I'm sorry but anyone who says piercings don't hurt is clearly lying. I was soo happy when it was over, not the best look leaving the shop with blood down the side of your face, but it didn't bleed for long at all luckily. Right now I've got quite big black bars in it but once it heals I'm going to buy cute little studs so it wont look so gross. 

Here's how it will look


That's my spontaneous day done for a while. Back to boring life

Flossy x

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome idea, I've not seen inner helix piercings like that before! Looking forward to seeing them next time we meet up :) I have to be honest though, my tragus piercing wasn't half as painful as yours sounds! Pinching the other one hurts more than getting it pierced did x

    ReplyDelete