Sunday 15 May 2011

All the gear... no idea!

Today my goal of learning the guitar got one step closer! My mum bought me a tunning thingy (technical term) that you clip onto the end of your guitar and when you strum it tells you how to tune the strings so that they sound right. First I had to venture up into my attic to get my long lost guitar. Going up there is bad enough as it is but the fact I'm petrified of the dark makes it that little bit worse. Armed with my torch I braved it and managed to get my guitar and make it back down alive without being eaten by the boogy man who lives up there. And after dusting my guitar down there was no stopping me.



Tuning thingy.

It took me a while to figure it out, I kept get getting confused with which string are attached to each of the twisty handles. (I really need to learn the real names for things). When all my string were in tune and sounding lovely I went onto YouTube and hunted down video's for beginners and found a good video on all the chords and how to read chord charts.
Me being a geek made some notes:


I really think I might struggle playing, my fingers don't seem to stretch to all the strings and plus it hurts when you push on the strings for a while! Time to say bye to my baby soft hands. So tomorrow I'm going to perfect at least 2 chords and moving between them so it become a bit more fluid.

I'm also dying to get a new tattoo. I currently have 2:

 an A on my right hip


and a Polynesian design on my left wrist

Different parts of this tattoo mean different things. On the top right the pointy bits mean strength the blackened triangles at the bottom mean success and one of the middle bits which I cant describe the location to you of means family.


I really want to add something to my A, because right now it just looks a bit random and like a blob from afar. I've got a few ideas in mind so I'm going to get my pencils out tomorrow and have a little doodle. Not that I can draw to save my live. So hopefully I'll have another one to add to my collection soon.
I love tattoo's I think they can look really nice. But I don't like when people go over the top and have them everywhere but hey who am I to judge. I feel that peoples views of tattoo's are slowly starting to change too. They used to be seen as tacky and people who had them were labeled very quickly. But now I think as people get more artistic and are able to produce much more detailed and beautiful tattoo's people are realizing they arn't disgusting things that ruin your body. Tattooists are getting a lot more recognition as artists now which I think is great, I admire anyone who can draw anyway but for someone to be able to transfer that onto skin and make it look realistic is a genius!

I caved today, my diet was going so well. I baked a batch of brownies :( but look how yummy they look!
I'll just work out extra hard tomorrow!

I'm getting used to my phone more and more everyday. I discovered the apps, so went on bit of a spree. I can honestly say I hate Angry Birds, I can feel my stress levels rise when I play it. Anyone who doesn't know what it is and is tempted to download it, don't say I didn't warn you. Also Mike's little sister Krissy told me to get a game called Fruit Ninja, I was up for hours last night playing it and today I finally managed to completed it :) I'm not listening to any other game suggestions. I get addicted so easily. I'm already a Sudoku freak. I love them I could literally do them all day. I got into them years ago when I went on holiday with my family and by the end of the holiday I had completed the whole book. I wish I could get addicted to studying like I do with games. I would be a genius!

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment