Saturday 7 May 2011

American Football, driving and i Phones :)

So American football confuses me. Mike, my dad and I went to watch a close family friend play for his local team. I've never seen a live game of football before, I watched a bit when the Superbowl as on but just knew something went well when Mike cheered or celebrated. But now I can say I sort of understand it. I get the whole 4 attempts at making 10 yards a few of the positions but I don't think I will ever understand all of the rules. There are way too many! And plus I don't even know where to look when I'm watching a game, do I look at the ball, the quarterback, the men making runs, or the refs?? talking about the refs they crack me up, they do this sign for second down its actually the international sign language for love, but it just looks funny I don't see why they cant just signal 2 the way people do normally. And when they signal for a time out they wave their hands soo frantically, but they wave to each other so it just looks like they are being super friendly. Unfortunately my friends team lost, he played well though and it was nice to go and see a game.


Today was Mike's last full day at home :( but it was a good day. When I was over in America last summer, I got to drive my boss's car and it was the scariest experience of my life. Trying to remember what side of the road to drive on and having the gear stick on the other side of the car confused me. Mike liked to make fun of me though and he even filmed me and put it up on YouTube. So today I let him drive my car, only around a empty industrial estate on straight roads and unfortunately.... he was good. He did it easily, however he did say it was weird having the gear stick on the other side to what he was used to.


I found out today I can upgrade my phone too :D So i'm going to get myself a shiny new WHITE  iPhone 4. I didn't even know they had them in white until today. It'll give me something to entertain myself with and keep me happy when Mike goes. I'm basically replacing him with a phone :) Trying to find one on a good phone plan is hard though and I'm going to have to pay for the handset too, but I think I can get one around £99 which isn't to bad I suppose.

Right I'm off to go and finish watching Anchorman. I don't really like the movie, but seen as everyone else in the world seems to love it I'm hoping it'll grow on me.

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment