Wednesday 4 May 2011

In over my head.

Welcome to my blog! I wish I could say I knew what I was doing, or had something interesting to write, but unfortunately I don't have a clue whats going on or have anything to write.

For the last 4 months I've spent everyday with my boyfriend, which to some people may seem like a perfectly normal thing but not for me. I hadn't seen Mike for 4 months, he's from America and we're in a long distance relationship, its has it's up's and downs but it's totally worth it.

He's going home on Monday though, so I'm trying to make the most of the last few days. I've tried to make his time here as fun as possible, we've been to London and successfully managed to find our way around the underground. For Mike's birthday in April I took him surfing in Newquay. He had never been surfing before, so we spent 3 days battling the waves and the cold! By the end we both could stand up which was awesome. We'll both be pro's in no time. We've also been to Bristol Zoo, Thorpe Park, Neath Waterfalls, Chepstow horse races, Sheffield to watch the University basketball finals and New-quay Aberiron and Munt which are in West Wales.

I tried to show Mike that even though Wales may be a small and often unknown country we can still play sports, so I took him to watch Netball, which was totally strange for him seen as he's grown up playing Basketball. To say my Dad is enthusiastic about rugby is bit of a understatement, so my Dad took us both to watch our rugby team The Ospreys play. We both ended up coming home with new jersey's so we're now hardcore fans.

Trying to get out and go places has been hard sometimes as I'm currently in University studying Paramedic Science. It's the most challenging but rewarding thing I've ever done. I love it. I cant think of anything I would rather do and hopefully will get to do it for the rest of my life. I'm half way through my first year, so in 15 months I will graduate and be applying to become a registered Paramedic. I've been out on placement twice, where i followed a crew of paramedics in the ambulance and attended calls and helped treat patients. Shift work I think will take some getting used to, I'm not the best morning person. I've got all my uniform, which I've got to say is not the most flattering uniform in the world, but at least I look the part.

Thats all for my first post, I need to try and limit myself on what I write so I don't run out of things to say.

Floss x

1 comment:

  1. Just write away :) I'm sure you'll find enough to say. Sad to hear he's leaving on Monday, long distance relationships are hard - cross continent relationships are even harder!! xx

    ReplyDelete