Tuesday 10 May 2011

Diabetes.

So today I learnt I know nothing about diabetes, for my exam Friday we have to know all about it. Before today I felt like I had a good understanding of it and the drugs that we have available in the ambulance to treat it and how they work. But today in school I soon realized that wasn't the case. I have so much to read up on! I know that I have to study hard for this course, but there is just so much stuff it doesn't seem like I have enough space in my brain for it all. I have two full days off before my exam so fingers crossed that'll be enough time to find space somewhere in my brain for it.

I ordered my iPhone yesterday :) I just have to wait about a week for it to come into stock then I'll get it. I cant wait, there are so many good apps you can get for paramedics, so I'll give them a go and hopefully they'll be some help.

So I've given myself a goal of loosing 10 pounds by the time I next see Mike. I think I can do it, just need to cut out the chocolate. But I love chocolate! nothing beats curling up on the sofa with someone watching a film with some chocolate. Now I'll just have to curl up and watch my film with a apple instead. Doesn't have the same appeal does it? I'm going to try and do some sort of exercise everyday, from swimming to run/walking to doing Insanity. Insanity is this crazy DVD workout and I literally feel like death at the end. But its good! You do lots of little sets of exercises so it varies it up all the time so you don't get bored. I struggle on all the push ups and arm work because I have messed up shoulders from playing badminton, but fingers crossed I can get to a stage where I can do it all. I'm not expecting miracles but if I keep pushing then I'll get there one day. I really want to do yoga too. I've always been interested in it but never found a class or anything to go to. Plus all yoga people are super skinny so I dont want to rock up to a class where they all have their legs behind their head and I struggling to even touch my toes.

I've also set myself the goal of learning to play the guitar. I had a guitar off Santa for Christmas about 5/6 years ago. And none of my family would help me tune it so the best I could ever play was something along the lines of Phoebe from F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Smelly Cat but with completely made up chords. In the next few weeks I'm going to venture up into the attic and wipe off all the dust and try to teach myself.
I would love to be able to play a instrument. Growing up I played the piano up to about grade 3 and then I gave up and I played the clarinet for about a year but didn't like that. I want to be able to just sit on the beach and play songs. I would never want to play in front of people or sing because I  don't think anyone should have to suffer that!

All these goals and University should keep me distracted so that the time will fly by until I can see Mike again. Until then we're back to using trusty old Skype. I heard today it has been bought out by Microsoft, I just hope they don't play around with it or make people pay for it. As much as I hate using it cause it means we are really far apart, without it my relationship would be impossible. Fingers crossed they don't fiddle around with it.

Full day of study for me tomorrow with a break to work out of course. Bring on the skinniness :)

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment