Monday 9 May 2011

Goodbyes aren't my favorite things!

I hate goodbyes!

The day finally came, it came by way too fast. Crazy that he was here for 4 months! We traveled up to London last night and stayed in a hotel so we would be there in time for his flight this morning. I now don't like the drive to that airport unless it ends up in me going to arrivals or with a full suitcase full of my clothes ready to jet off somewhere.
We got to the airport at 8:30 and there was no one there so he managed to check himself in quickly. It was so weird, he was checking in at the same place I checked in last summer when I was going to work on a summer camp out in California where I met actually Mike. Then we went up to the start of security checks. Thats where I had to leave him, we could have gone for a drink because he had a lot of time to spare, as much as I wanted to spend every last minute with him I didn't want to drag it out any longer I would of just broken down. Saying goodbye was SO hard. I don't like crying anyway, especially not in front of people so I tried my best to hold it back and I did a pretty good job. My heart actually sunk when I watched him walk through the doors. I've never had that feeling before and don't want it again.
You always have images in your head of things that happen in the movies, like the person runs back out of the airport after you, and embarrassingly I will admit that I actually thought of it for a second, even though I knew it wouldn't happen
I feel lost in my house now. I'm walking around not knowing what to do with myself, I keep expecting him to pop out around the corner and start wrestling with me. Ah well just got to keep looking forward to the next time I get to see him. Time to start using Skype again!

So last summer I went to work on a camp called Camp Unique in Portola Valley in California.  I applied through a company called Camp Leaders. They were amazing, they did everything for me. I just had to fill in a few forms and go to London to get my visa. The camp is a resident and day camp for children aged 5-14. It has changed its name this year to Mountain Camp Woodside. Its an amazing camp feel free to check out the website http://www.mountaincampwoodside.com.

I have my last chance to practice for me exam tomorrow. Yikes! My exam is at 9:25 Friday morning so at least it will be over quickly, I wont have to think about it all day.

Time to try and get some sleep. Hopefully I'll wake up to a message from Mike saying he's home safe :)

Flossy x

No comments:

Post a Comment